Wednesday, 27 August 2008

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MIKE 'QUICK' SWICK

TCB MMA:
What would you say are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?

Mike Swick:
I think my biggest strength is my heart. Aside from that, probably speed and power...

TCB MMA:
After having 2 fights in the Welterweight division do you now feel comfortable at this weight?

Mike Swick:
Definately. I think my next fight will be my best at 170. I feel totally adjusted...

TCB MMA:
Are there any particular Welterweights out there that you want to fight next? or any that you feel that you match up well with?

Mike Swick:
All the top guys. In the end, I want to have fought all the top welterweights.

TCB MMA:
In your opinion who's the toughest opponent you've fought thus far in your career?

Mike Swick:
Well, stylistically I would say Yushin Okami. It was tough under the circumstances to get him off of me and all he wanted to do was hold me down...

TCB MMA:
Can you tell us what a typical week looks like when your training for a fight?

Mike Swick:
6 days a week 2-3 times a day. Usually 4-6 hours a day.

TCB MMA:
You recently fought & beat Marcus Davis in England, how does does the travelling involved in fighting in another country affect your conditioning? Do you prefer fighting in the US?

Mike Swick:
I don't think it effects your conditioning, its just different. In Vegas I have my routine down, in England I didn't. I really enjoyed coming to England and the fans were great! I would love to fight for them again.

TCB MMA:
With all the recent debate about who's the number 1 pound 4 pound fighter in MMA today, who do you think deserves the title?

Mike Swick:
I think its between GSP and Anderson Silva. Both are doing really well...

TCB MMA:
Who are some of your favorite fighters to watch?

Mike Swick:
My teammates of course! Next to them, all of the exciting fighters... too many to name!

TCB MMA:
What is your opinion of the current rules? Do you feel that knees to a downed opponent & soccer kicks should be allowed?

Mike Swick:
I like the current rules but wouldn't complain about down knees and soccer kicks. I think that would fit my style well...

TCB MMA:
You currently train at AKA, which seems to be producing alot of top class fighters at the moment such as Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, Cung Le, Cain Velasquez & obviously yourself. Are there any other top prospects coming through at the moment who people might not be aware of yet?

Mike Swick:
Too Many! We got a couple Nate's(Moore, James) that are both doing well as well as Devin and Pat Minihan. Lots of talent at AKA.

TCB MMA:
When your not training, what do you like to do to relax, are there any other sports that your interested in?

Mike Swick:
Poker and traveling. I often combine them. I am actually sponsored by an online poker site and play online quite often. You can get more info about this at my pages MikeSwick.com