Monday, 11 October 2010

STRIKEFORCE RESULTS - DIAZ V NOONS!!!

DIAZ OUTPOINTS AND OUT HUSTLES NOONS TO GAIN REVENGE

Nick Diaz scored a brilliant unanimous decision over KJ Noons to retain his Strikeforce welterweight title and in the process avenge his 2007 loss to the former EliteXC lightweight champion at the HP Pavilion. Scores were 48-47, 49-47 and 49-46 for Diaz, who won his eighth consecutive fight.

JOSH THOMSON DECISIONS CAVALCANTE

Josh Thomson earned a unanimous decision over the Brazilian technician Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante
scores at the end of the bout were 29-28, 29-28 and 30-27.

“I felt like s--t in here,” Thomson said. “I left it in the judges’ hands, and that’s not something I like to do. JZ’s one of the hardest hitting guys I’ve ever been in the cage with. I’ve got nothing but respect for him.”

COENEN SUBMITS KAUFMAN TO TAKE TITLE

Marloes Coenen ended Sarah Kaufman's title reign with a dramatic third round armbar to take the womens welterweight title

“I really didn’t know,” Coenen said. “Normally in training, I know when to let go. The referee was a little late.”

WOODLEY IMPRESSES WITH FIRST ROUND KNOCKOUT

Undefeated welterweight Tyron Woodley needed just one round to destroy the Brazilian Andre Galvao


“I had to dig down deep,” said Woodley. “I trained everything hard for this fight. I had a lot of guys who helped me with my striking. I had to mix things out, and it all came together.”

“I think it’s obvious where I fit,” he said. “I think I should be up next [for a title shot].”